Monday, November 26, 2012

A Confession


I have a jealousy of those who possess the kind of laissez-faire friendship I had growing up and of which I am now sorely missing.  This is a lasting problem.  I am well met by a culture of effortless camaraderie come together for the love of movies but do not feel in any lasting way belonging to said culture.  Cinephiles, on the whole, are a gregarious, the more the merrier, bunch.  It has taken me years to finally come to terms with the fact that I do not belong with these people in anything more than an occasional pass-by.  It doesn't feel like a home, but a continual on the road carnival experience.  A home would be nice.  Strangely I miss what it was like to not talk about film, and just enjoy the experience.  My job goads the agitation as I have so much time to listen to people announce their all-too-healthy social lives.  I'd rather the party stay out of my room, and I am working towards that happening.  Writing feels like a way to sap the longing and not bleed out entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment