Monday, November 26, 2012

The Virtue of Play


O to soften suffering and deign to see: I am but the flux of being that undermines the sometimes solid parts of me.

The Buddhists speak of the folly of attachment.  I have not the appetite for their asceticism: they can keep their stale bread and perfect minds, I require both the illusion and the real to remain human.  To me it is about the frequency of one's attachment, a matter of degrees.  Emptying out goes too far - to afford the vacuum even more power over oneself than it has already.  Instead, hold fast to the awareness that you are in a dream but pleasuring in the dream nonetheless.

Create a virtue of play and dance nimbly through life while all other meanings empty out, whole universes may drain away but the pit of it will not touch you if you can balance the absurd in the equation.

Momentum (always momentum)

There are some attachments that the virtue of play cannot overcome.  The goal is not to end suffering entirely, only to mitigate it.  If I lose someone I loved dearly, to hell with all inventions of the mind.  I will feel the loss down if only to carry a lasting experience of that devout feeling and be stubbornly human.

Human: an umbrella term for everything defiant of the vacuum.      

No comments:

Post a Comment