Monday, November 26, 2012

Slacker

Do people still use the word slacker to qualify the art of aimlessness or has the bustle of the world eroded it from our parlance, retained only in me and my kind as antiquated relics of a past civilization?  To slack, to reboot the operating system of one's soul.  To intermittently absolve myself of all obligations and walk the streets of this city like a nineteenth century flâneur. The world exists differently in the places you are not supposed to be, the memories burn sharper.  I must revolt in this tiny way in order to look at myself in the mirror.  I shall do a disservice to everything efficient, turn a corner onto a street I should have never seen. Only in the stolen moments do I empty my mind and live clearly.  The best times of my life are when I am not living it for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment